Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wanna cake-decorate with me?

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I have a birthday cake to make for my nephew who is turning 4 next weekend. I have not taken the time yet to think about what I would like to do decoration-wise, color, theme etc.
I was thinking maybe you guys could tell me what you think? Any suggestions?

Also I probably will be working on my Wedding Inspiration cake #2 so I am welcoming ideas on any sort of wedding cake design that you would like to see.

In the meantime, because of the profound love I have for you, let me share our dinner with you guys ;-)
My husband wants to lose weight so "salad" is his new word... despite the fact that I keep telling him that diet alone wont do it, "salad" seems to be the magic word. So I try to keep it rather light and interesting but I have to admit that I run out of inspiration quite often.



6 comments:

HoneyDame said...

My blog love is back!! Welcome back hon!
Can you and the Mr Ndem just adopt me?! I can like this kind of access to these kinds of food o!

As per inspiration for the big boy, how about the cliche football field but with some personalization here and there?

Trust that you are doing fantastic

Myne said...

Owww...yummy! I like the arrangement and the meatpie is calling my name. But like your hubby, I'm trying to lose weight, lol...

All the best with the cakes.

Jemima said...

this looks nice, i actually love salad, try to vary the salad, using the usual base, but you could add chicken, shrimp, or hot dogs,on diff days, you could also vary the type of dressing you use!

Unknown said...

I think salads are my go to food.. they can be heavy, light..in the middle. IDK I love salad!...

As for the cake..

Why not a fun multicolored cake..
e.g Green icing on the outside and when you slice into it the cake itself is blue..or vive versa.. I think that would be a nice surprise..

Okeoghene said...

I agree with Jemima. You can vary the salad by adding some protein and also using different types of dressing. Salads are a good way to go too but just salad will not do it o. He also needs to add a form of exercise.

If your nephew is having a themed party, you could make a cake of the theme eg Diego, spiderman, Ben 10 etc

MrsNdem said...

@HoneyDame my honey, you are already adopted oo. Your room has been waiting for you since. Where are you? Hubby and I were joking earlier about moving to upstate NY. LOL. Thanks dear for the welcome!!!

@Myne, LOL. I'll FedEx you some if you want lol. It's many of us trying oo, myself I am trying to lose this developing muffin top that this disfiguring my silhouette...

@Jemima, thanks for the ideas, my hubby is picky with dressings so told him from now on, he picks and buys them. Trying different versions like you suggested.

@Mikki, I am a salad lover too. Hmmm didnt think about that, the multicolor cake with different colors inside... Definitely exploring that...

@Okeoghene, I tell you oo, he thinks he just has to say the word "salad" so many time and inches and ounces will simply evaporate from under his skin, lol.